The SDAPA policies have been explained to me and I understand that:
1. FEES ARE DUE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION AND THEREAFTER ON THE 1ST DAY OF NEXT SESSION. LATE FEE CHARGE OF $10/- WILL BE APPLIED, IF FEES ARE NOT PAID BY SECOND CLASS OF THE SESSION.
2. FEES ARE NOT PRO-RATED OR CARRIED FORWARD TO THE NEXT SESSION IN CASE YOU ARE MISSING ANY CLASS.
3. THERE WILL BE NO MAKE-UP IF YOU MISS THE CLASS. MAKE-UP WILL BE GIVEN ONLY IF THE INSTRUCTOR CANCELS THE CLASS.
4. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN, IF A STUDENT WISHES TO DISCONTINUE IN THE MIDDLE OF A SESSION.
5. ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A WATER BOTTLE WHEN COMING TO THE CLASS.
6. KIDS WILL BE AUDITIONED FOR THE COMPETITION GROUP.
7. THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL COST FOR THE COSTUMES AND ACCESSORIES WHEN THE GROUP GOES FOR PERFORMANCE.
8. COSTUMES WILL BE RENTED OR BOUGHT DEPENDING ON THE SONG THE GROUP IS PERFORMING.
9. THE SAME COSTUME IF BOUGHT BY THE GROUP WILL BE USED MINIMUM 2 TIMES IN THE WHOLE YEAR.
10. EACH GROUP WILL GET TO PERFORM 2 TO 3 TIMES OVER THE YEAR.
11. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DISCONTINUE, PLEASE GIVE PRIOR NOTICE OF AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE START OF THE NEXT SESSION.
12. IF WE DON’T GET THE NOTICE YOU’LL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR NEXT SESSION.
13. TO BE PART OF ANY PERFORMANCE, COMPETITIONS & ANNUAL SHOW YOU HAVE TO BE ENROLLED IN THE CLASS.
Liability Waiver, Media Release & Hold Harmless Agreement
In consideration of permission granted by STARRZ DANCE ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS (SDAPA) allowing me to participate in dance classes which will occur on a weekly basis, I (together with my parent or guardian, if I am under the age of eighteen or under a legal disability) represent, covenant, and agree, on behalf of myself and my heirs, assigns, and any other person claiming by, under or through me, as follows:
I acknowledge that participating in dance classes involves certain risks (some of which I may not fully understand) and that injuries, or other harm could occur to me or others. I accept and voluntarily incur all risks of any injuries, damages, or harm which arise during or result from my participation in dance classes, regardless of whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other fault of SDAPA or its employees.
I waive all claims against any of the Released Parties for any injuries, damages, losses, or claims, whether known or unknown, which arise during or result from my participation in dance classes, regardless of whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other fault of any of the Released Parties. I release and forever discharge the Released Parties from all such claims.
I agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other litigation costs and expenses) incurred by any of the Released Parties as a result of any claims or suits that I (or anyone claiming by, under, or through me) may bring against any of the Released Parties to recover any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, or expenses which arise during or result from my participation in dance classes, regardless of whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other fault of any of the Released Parties.
I release/hold harmless SDAPA, including all staff, instructors, and volunteers, from any and all liability to the student caused by or resulting from the student’s participation in any classes or programs conducted by SDAPA. Even when every precaution has been taken to avoid any injuries, any time a child participates in any physical activity, there is a chance of injury and parents/guardians should be aware of this fact.
I do hereby grant permission to SDAPA to use images of my child in promotional materials. Such use includes the display, distribution, publication, transmission, or other use of photographs, images, and/or video of my child for use in materials that include, but may not be limited to, printed materials (such as brochures, newsletters, posters, and other print advertising), digital materials (such as SDAPA website, electronic newsletters, blog, and emails), and social media (such as the SDAPA Facebook page, Twitter feed, or other social media platforms).
I understand that my child’s name will NOT be used in conjunction with any video or digital images for security and privacy purposes.
Agreed to Waiver* By checking this box, I am affirming that I have carefully read and reviewed this Liability Waiver, Media Release, and Hold Harmless agreement. I understand it fully and I execute it voluntarily.
Furthermore, I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the policies set forth by SDAPA.