Rules and Regulations
Please read and remember these guidelines to ensure the safety of the students, to maintain a disciplined environment and help our Dance school to function in an efficient manner.
Each student has to register online. This is mandatory
- Fees to be paid at the beginning of every session and are due on the first class of each session.
- There will be a late fee of $20 if fees are not paid on the due date. No exceptions.
- Payment of fees can be made online or by check.
- No REFUNDS will be issued under any circumstance.
- Entry fees or ticket amount for competitions are non-refundable and should be paid when due.
- Costume and accessories will be rented to the students by Starrz Company and the rental amount will be charged separate as per complexity of the costume.
- There will be separate charges for Dance Property and will be notified accordingly.
- All students are required to come in StarrzTee shirts and comfortable pants (Active/sports Wear)
- Do not wear Jeans to the class.
- Closed toe shoes comfortable for dancing.
- Knee pads at all times.
- Hair must be properly pulled back from the face and tied neatly in a pony.
- Big jewelry or watches should NOT be worn.
Class / Studio Rules
- All students must arrive on time to the class.
- SMILE and Dance with full energy.
- Water bottle and knee pads to be carried at all times
- No chewing gum, candy or any snack during the class
- Please keep silence when waiting outside the studio. Do not disturb other classes.
- Only students allowed in the class. Parents are not allowed inside the studio.
- Parents are not allowed to discuss any matter with the Dance Instructors at the time of the class.
- No parents are allowed to instruct or comment on positioning of the kids in the dance
- No siblings or friends allowed during the class
- Teacher reserves the right to dismiss any student from the class who continuously disrupts
- All classes including extra practices are mandatory
- If for any valid reason a kid cannot attend please notify the teacher in advance
- If any student misses more than two performance practices, that kid will not be allowed to perform that particular act. This applies to all groups
- Cancelled classes will be made up at a later date
- If you miss the class, there will be no make-up class.
Competition/Performance Selection & Rules
- All kids,new as well as existing ones, will be auditioned to be placed in the competition groups
- Each student will be assessed after every session to determine their level and will be placed in the groups accordingly
- Starrz reserves the right to select and decide which kid will perform in what competition / show
- Starrz reserves the right to determine if a kid is ready to perform on stage
- If any kid joins back after a long break then that kid has to audition again to be placed in the competition or advanced group
- Once a kid is selected in the competition group, he/she has to attend the all classes including extra practices
- If a kid in the competition group misses more than 2 classes the kid will be replaced by another dancer
- When a student signs up for competition group, he/she has to commit for all the classes and extra practices.
- Parents are responsible to remember the dates of the practices and competitions of their kids and arrive on time at the venue
- If any student has not paid the dues like fees, costumes or props etc. that student will not be allowed to perform
- Everyone is expected to work as a team player to ensure success in the performance. This applies to both students and parents.
- While representing STARRZ, students and parents are expected to display good sportsmanship & conduct in all situations
- The parents are responsible for the costumes and accessories to be maintained properly once they rent from the company. If anything damaged or lost, extra charges will apply for any damage/lost item.
- Starrz Company reserves the right to each dance track used for competition / show and cannot be used outside for solos or shared with anyone. Please contact Starrz for any other clarification or information.
Student’s Name :
I have read the above guidelines and understand the expectations, obligations and rules set forth by Starrz Dance. I understand breaking of any of the above rules may lead to appropriate disciplinary action.
Signature of student :
Signature of parent/guardian: